Rules of the competition 2006
1) The René BARTOLI Competition is open to all contestants, without any age limits.
2) All compositions must be played from memory. The jury reserves the right to ask that the works be played with or without repeats.
3) For the admittance to the Interpretation level, the competition is held without spectators. Three candidates will be selected for the final.
4) There is only one René BARTOLI prize for interpretation. The other two finalists will receive a certificate and cash-award of 1000 Euros.
5) If the the prize of Interpretation is not awarded, all three finalists will receive certificates and cash-award of 1000 Euros.
6) The prizes not awarded remain the property of the competition.
7) All rights for recording, broadcasting or marketing of any works played during the competition are exclusive to the René BARTOLI Competition.
98 During the events open to the public, the President of the jury reserves the right to ask the public to leave in case of inappropriate behavior. In that event, the competition will continue out of public audience.
9) In case of withdrawal, enrolment fees will not, under any circumstances, be refunded.
10) A letter will be sent to each contestant informing her/him of the time and place of the draw which determines the order of contestants
11) Candidates must be present at the drawing.
12) The decision to participate in the René BARTOLI Competition implies complete acceptance of these rules, and the waiving of all rights concerning the procedures of the competition, its results and the awarding of the prizes, as well as any physical or material damage incurred by the participant, either during the competition or on the way to or back from the competition.
13) Enrolment closes Mai 31, 2006 .